Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Have you ever wondered how are we supposed to hide the word in our hearts?
Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth: but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Here are some ways I personally hide scripture in my heart...
- Pray before I begin.
- Read at least 1 chapter in the bible daily.
- Read commentary to go with the chapter. I personally like to use the Easy to Read Bible sometimes as well, on biblegateway.com
- Take notes and highlight verses that I want to remember quickly.
- Bible Journal scripture. For those of you who don't know what bible journaling is, it's where you illustrate verses. I have been challenging myself to journal at least1 verse per chapter I read. As you can see above I haven't finished today's journal entry nor am I an artist. But, it's fun.
- Write verses
- Memorize a verse.
- Think about the scriptures read throughout the day and how they can be applied to my life.
Do you have a special way you hide the word of God in your heart?
May God Bless you on your journey.