Saturday, December 15, 2012

Tragedy

Sandy Hook


My heart sank when I read that there had been a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary. My own children were on there way home when I learned of the news. I sat there thinking how could someone harm a child. We all wonder why would our loving God allow things like that to happen. Especially to children. Questions like that will not be answered till we get to heaven. Some things in life are not to be known on earth. The reason being if we knew it could change a whole lot of things. Its not part of God's plan for us to know why yet. 

I got a call and an email from the school system here talking about the tragedy. What do you tell your children when things like this happen? The best thing you can do is bring it up by saying how sad the shooting was. Then, let them express their fears and thoughts. Most importantly pray for and with them. Reassure them how secure there school is and how much you love them. And give plenty of hugs :) 


My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the students, staff and parents. Its my prayer that the Lord watch over all schools and colleges.

May God Bless you on your journey.  
Amanda

 

No comments:

Post a Comment