Saturday, October 13, 2012

Proverbs 31:13





In bible times women had to make clothes for her family. But thankfully now we don't have to do that. To me the words "she seeketh wool, and flax.." means she gets whats needed for her family and her household. I always keep what is called a running list. Running lists are grocery lists or to do lists that you write down the next idea that you think of. It saves time and gas money. If you haven't heard about the homemakers binder. Now would be the time to do some research. Its a great way to stay organized and help you manage everything around the house.  There are lots of free printable pages you can download for this. I use sheet protectors with my pages and dry erase markers. 

She "works willingly with her hands". Ever have them slowly roll out of bed mornings? You don't feel like moving let alone get up and do anything. I've been there. If we are willing to work like it says we are to do all we can to get ourselves pumped up and ready to tackle a new day. We can do this by asking God to help us to be eager and to get what we need to done. Let's grab a cup of coffee, put in a cd or whatever gets us going and let's get some work done. If you have to turn the computer or tv off till you get finished.Just remember them dishes and clothes aren't going to clean themselves. I have tried cleaning schedules in the past and such they just dont work for me. Seems like I can never stick to them. But, not all people are alike. I found it easier to write a to do list each night so I know what needs to be done for the next day.

Proverbs 6:6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
Proverbs 30:25 The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer;

We are to do all we can to prepare for the days ahead for our family whether its for winter or an upcoming holiday meal. 



No comments:

Post a Comment