Monday, October 15, 2012

Proverbs 31:15


Oh them extra few minutes of sleep. Too many mornings I would wake up dragging out of bed in a rush to get things done. I still do at times, I'll admit. I kept feeling even more sluggish staying in bed so long. About a month ago I started getting up 30 minutes earlier. I get up to pray, read my bible and start the day out the way it should be. To this day I still don't get out of my pj's right away but I get things done :) Maybe one of these days I'll start getting fully dressed to help start my day. I can pray and read his word in the early mornings without "mommy mommy" all the time interrupting. I love my little dumplings of joy but being able to focus on Gods Word and what he's teachings is very important to me.  I usually spend a little time at night writing my to do list for the day. That way when I get up I know what I want to fix for breakfast, go over last minute spelling words or whatever needs to be done first thing in the morning. We are to prepare ourselves and our family for the day. This verse doesn't say you have to get up at 2 am to fix breakfast. This verse just means you should get up in plenty of time to prepare your family for the day and share what you can with others. If you know you need to fix breakfast for everyone than get on them fuzzy slippers, put a smile on your face and get to it. Part of our Godly mission here on earth is to take care of our families. Cooking breakfast, making sure your child's hair is combed and so forth is just part of it. If you know your going to have more spaghetti than you will need share with a friend or neighbor.These little things like this can be a big blessing to others.

May God bless you as you continue your journey becoming a proverbs 31 woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment