Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Proverbs 31:16


A proverbs woman prays and thinks about things before she makes a decision. Just like some other proverbs 31 verses this one can be looked at in 2 different ways.
The most important way is makes sure things are right for her family before she brings it in. She don't want to bring in something that's going to bring ungodliness into her home. I came across a little devotional read over the radio one day and done my research on it. I found the site had where you could order a free book of devotionals to be delivered to your home each month. I am so glad I chose to get them. They make great family devotionals. Check them out at Keys for Kids What we plant in the lives of those around us will grow whether its good or bad. We have to be careful to plant good seeds.

I am putting definitions in parenthesis.

2 Peter 1:5-8
And beside this, giving all diligence (hard work), add to your faith virtue(goodness); and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance(self-control); and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Our kids absorb our actions like a sponge. If we are good to others, have patients and such watch what they do. My husband and I love to help others. One day while my little boy was playing at his friends house he noticed the boys mom picking beans in the garden. He said "come on lets go help". The little guys helped her pick the rest of the beans. She was so thankful he took time and do that. I have some embarrassing stories too but I'm not going to go there. Planting seeds in there little minds is a privilege. We need to take advantage of every moment we can to help them and others around us to grow in Christ.


The second way to look at the verse is: We are to find ways to save money. Like I check out the latest sales and plan meals around those sales. This saves lots of money. For example a few weeks ago our local grocery store had whole chickens 88¢lb  I got 3. What I wont fix right away goes straight into the freezer for a later date. I got this printable weekly meal planner I keep in my homemakers binder to plan out my whole week of meals. Meal Planner Printables  I also keep a inventory of every food item I have in the house. This helps to keep up with how much mac and cheese you have and so forth. I hate having to go back to the store for something I forgot. I keep a grocery list ready to write down things as soon as I think of them. Its our responsibility to stretch our budget. If you don't know much about couponing I highly recommend checking out the Hip 2 Save and coupon mom


May the Lord bless you as you continue on your journey of becoming a Proverbs 31 woman.



No comments:

Post a Comment