Sunday, November 25, 2012

Travel Plans

map
 I got my folder out this morning with all of our maps and directions. Each year we plan at least 1 trip to my in-laws. I was making sure this morning I still had directions in there for an upcoming trip. I don't know about you but I like to be prepared for things. Without those directions we probably would get lost. Especially with all the new roads opened and all those exits we have to take. I got to thinking this morning about our direction in life. Are we prepared to go to heaven? Are we right with God? I know I am but how about you?

You know if we ask for God's forgiveness then sin we aren't completely right with God. You see we need to make 100% sure we are saved. If we're not completely right with God we need to pray about it. I drifted for at least 6 years before it hit me my relationship with Christ wasn't what It needed to be. If we don't ask God to forgive All of our sins and Repent (turn from those sin) then we aren't 100% clear with God. 

I'm sure you all have had one thing that you wanted to keep doing or holding on to that you didn't want to repent from. I had one that to this day I struggle with some but I stop and say a quick prayer instead. I tell you what thats the best feeling. I don't even think about it after those little prayers praise God!! Do you know what direction your headed? Heaven or Hell? We can't be in the middle. When Jesus comes to get us we have to be ready and follow his directions. Is your heart right with God? Would you go to heaven?

Acts 16:29-31
29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

 You see we have to simply Believe in Jesus and we are saved. If your not saved or if everything is not completely clear between you and Christ please consider saying this simple prayer.

Dear Lord,
     Please forgive me of all my sins. I believe in you and your son Jesus. Who you sent to die on the cross for my sins. Father I pray you come into my heart and my life. Thank You!! In Jesus Holy Name I pray Amen


If you prayed that prayer you are now saved. One of the first things you should do is tell someone. You are welcome to comment or contact me anytime. Its my prayer that this post touches at least one person.  


Day 25 Thank You Lord for saving my soul.   November Thank You Lord Challenge

What are you thankful for? 

May God Bless you on your journey.  
Amanda


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment