Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Being Mom

Proverbs22_6[1]



My little girl I brought home when I was only 16 years old got a huge recognition letter today. I got so excited I cried. You see when I opened it the harsh words someone said to me years ago "...You can't even take care of your kids" came rushing back. It hit me that I must be doing something right. I am so proud of her. Lately, I have been thinking about one of my new years goals.

I Will be the mother my kids need me to be.

 

I am one of those who always looks at the good and bad of things. I guess because I dont like bad surprises. I have been looking at what really makes a good mom. Here is what I believe a mom should be.

1. Puts God 1st and teaching her children to do the same.
2. She not only gives love she shows her children how to love
3. She keeps a healthy relationship with her kids.
4. She teaches discipline, responsibility, respect, honor
5. She makes sure each child knows how important they are.
6. Who wants to be with her kids
7. Who will celebrate their successes and encourage them when they fall. 
8. She don't lie to her kids. she tells them whats really going on.
9. A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.  ~Tenneva Jordan
10. Prays for her children
11.Who will stay up late hours just to clean up after a sick child.
12. Is one who rocks a baby to sleep so long she falls sleeps herself.  
13.  One who learns multitasking after at least child #2 
14. Has a remedy for almost every ailment imaginable.


 Some people think money will buy a childs happiness. It doesn't. I will speak more on that tomorrow.


A mother is someone who knows in her heart she is doing her best for her child. Those who don't take the time of day for their kids confuses me. I can understand a mom who works long hours has to squeeze in time. But those who speak to there kids when they feel like it, bothers me. Or drops them off at the sitters just because they don't want the responsibility. A real MOM can be any woman who does all they can for a child.



  
May God Bless you on your journey.  
Amanda


 

No comments:

Post a Comment