Thursday, January 17, 2013

Child Training

train up a child



What does the bible say about training a child?

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.


If you look at it even when a child rebels if they were taught right they most of the time refer back to them teachings.  


Proverbs 29:15 The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.


Often the bible speaks of us as the Lords sheep and God as our shepherd.  We as Christians have boundaries so we should have boundaries set for our children. The rod is like the shepherds staff the Lord uses to keep us in line.  A spanking is the modern day rod. For those of you who prefer time out. If it works better for you then go for it. But, I got a spanking when I was younger. I am thankful I had grandparents that corrected me. Vocabulary.com says if you reproof someone, you pretty much chew them out. 


 Prov. 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.


If a child don't have boundaries and correction they will wonder around doing whatever they feel like. This will eventually in my opinion bring both parents shame. 



Proverbs 29:17 Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul. 


Some children naturally need more attention than others. But if a child has rules to go by things in the home runs smoother. I know my kids are to help do chores for computer time. they are in such a habit they help out other ways too. Like my baby girl likes to help load the dryer.  
Some parents thinks the more money the spend or the more activities they ad to the child's calendar the better. This is not true. A child can benefit greatly from building a doghouse with dad than he would playing angry birds. I am not saying theres anything wrong with it. Just saying. 
I don't know about you but I don't like my kids always getting what they want. If a child doesn't learn early that money dont grow on trees they will expect everything just handed to them whenever and whatever they like. I know of kids who were given everything they wanted. Now as adults mom and dad pays everything for them. This causes problems between the parents and shame.


May God Bless you on your journey.  
Amanda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment