Friday, January 4, 2013

Christian Volunteering




 Did you know there is site where you can find Christian volunteer opportunities? There is. In July of 2012 I started volunteering for Body and Soul Publishing posting free and review books on their blog. I am so glad I did. You see God gives me what I call assignments. This has wound up to be one. I have volunteered over the years through volunteer match but over time I wasn't needed anymore. Because the event was over or the company shut down. I asked God to send me something else I could do here at home. That's when I saw a new volunteer opportunity come up on christian volunteering. Little did I know the books I was assigned to post would not only change my life but others as well. The Lord uses not only people but things to help others.

I read some wonderful comments on the free books blog. Some said those books helped them in the most difficult times, that they turned them toward Christ and others said they couldn't afford books so it was a blessing to them. That brought me to tears this morning just knowing my Lord is using me to bring people closer to him.


Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. 


 
Set aside a little time each week or day to volunteer. You have no idea what kind of impact you can make on others. God gave you talents use them to glorify him.

Christian Volunteering is a free service. 



PS If you haven't done so already check out the free books blog on the right side of the page. There is no sign up or credit card info needed. They are absolutely free. Just click on what you want.


May God Bless you on your journey.  
Amanda


 

No comments:

Post a Comment