Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Patience

 Many of us Christians have heard you should never pray for patience. I saw a book title that describes this exactly. Don't get me wrong I love my kids and they are truly a blessing to me. With that said. the title of the book is " I prayed for patience and God gave me children".  I as a mom can say that is definitely a good example. You tell your child "pick up your books". If they are placed where you have to step over them :) here comes the patience part. I am not a very patient person. I like things done right then. Last week God showed me I had a major problem with patience. So, since then I have been praying about it (not asking for it) and tonight I want to study on it.

James 1:3
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.



Let me get this straight when our faith is tried it produces patience. I got to remember what I have always said about life if God gave me a perfect life I would be bored with it after a while. In the book of James it uses Job as an example. Would you have been patient with anyone or With God while you sat there with soars on your body and people talked to you about how God did this to you. A lot of us if not all would have probably gave up and started asking why.We got to have faith and trust God has a purpose for things. That's how we can have patience.



May God Bless you on your journey.  
Amanda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment