Thursday, April 28, 2016





 Psalm 119:11  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.




Have you ever wondered how are we supposed to hide the word in our hearts?

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth: but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.



Here are some ways I personally hide scripture in my heart...

  • Pray before I begin.
  • Read at least 1 chapter in the bible daily.
  • Read commentary to go with the chapter. I personally like to use the Easy to Read Bible sometimes as well, on biblegateway.com
  • Take notes and highlight verses that I want to remember quickly.
  • Bible Journal scripture. For those of you who don't know what bible journaling is, it's where you illustrate verses. I have been challenging myself to journal at least1 verse per chapter I read. As you can see above I haven't finished today's journal entry nor am I an artist. But, it's fun.
  • Write verses
  • Memorize a verse.
  • Think about the scriptures read throughout the day and how they can be applied to my life.


 Do you have a special way you hide the word of God in your heart?


May God Bless you on your journey.  
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment