Friday, October 5, 2012

Looking Ahead

 I went for a walk last with my husband last night. The subject came up of people getting old. I talked to him about when papaw went to the nursing home. Memories came flooding back hard. My grandparents raised me since I was 2 weeks old. So, naturally I kept thinking of that last day I saw him. Which to this day still breaks my heart. He was in the hospital slowly fading away. Couldn't eat or drink really anything. He could sip on some water or have ice cubes to wet his tongue. We talked and prayed but right before I left he looked at me and said "Amanda, get me something to drink. Please I'm so thirsty" I couldn't give him anything cause I wasn't sure at the time what he could and couldn't have. It broke my heart to tell him "I can't" My aunt did however give him his water. We hugged and said bye. To this day I look back and wish I would have stayed a little longer. What I would have done different. The bible says:

Philippians3:13-14
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

There is all kinds of things we wish we could go back and redo. We can't take them back no matter how we try. We can however move foreword doing God's will in our lives. Looking back just makes us stumble or completely side tracts us from what we need to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment