Saturday, October 6, 2012

Temporary Fixes



Have you ever sat down with popcorn in hand and watched a movie right after a fight with someone?  One of my greatest obstacles has been temporary fixes. This is a hard one for me. Seems like when things don't go my way I would always find a temporary fix whether it be to absorb my time into a movie or even a drink. Yes you read right. At one point in my life I drank a few to help temporarily get rid of problems I was facing at the time. Especially the day me and my best friend had a huge argument. I just wanted the hurt to go away so I turned those bottles up that night. I stopped drinking and smoking years ago. But the habits of temporarily fixing things kept going. I never had any experience with drugs or pills myself but I have seen others in that state.  I have had my share of friends who showed up at my home in a terrible mess. After loosing a dear friend 2 years ago from suicide it makes really look at things. The bible says:

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Hebrews13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
   
Alcohol, Drugs, Pills, TV, Internet and so on are just temporary fixes. No matter how much you try they aren't gonna fix the whole problem. But, you put your eyes towards Jesus it changes things but He doesn't. I've got a major temporary fix I'm gonna stop with God's help, the Internet. Facebook, pinterest and more have taken up way too much of my time. We have the choice to let God chisel out our temporary fixes and to focus our eyes on him. God can change everything. Check out this video.....




No comments:

Post a Comment