Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christ in Christmas


 
I have been thinking what I could do to keep Christ in our Christmas this year. So many times people rush to gather gifts, put up the tree and talk about santa. But, they leave the most important thing out....Christ. To be honest I dont always take time to bake a special cake or anything for Jesus every year. I have always prayed about it though and thanked God for sending his son. I invite him to be we us on Christmas. I love to read to the kids about Jesus birth, sing Christmas carols and watch movies such as the Little Drummer Boy. Like last year either my husband will read Luke 2:1-20.

Here are some ideas:
  • Invite Christ by praying for him to join you and your family.
  • Read Luke 2 out loud
  • Bake a birthday cake for Jesus and sing to him
  • Give a gift to someone in need
  • Go Christmas caroling
  • Send Christian Christmas cards
  • Visit the sick and elderly
  • Volunteer to help those in need
  • Display a nativity scene in or outside your home. 
  • Give a child a candy cane or bag of m&m's and attach the Christmas legend story to them.

I want to make sure Christ is a part of my Christmas. How about you?



Got any ideas of how to keep Christ in Christmas? If so please share.


May God Bless you on your journey.  
Amanda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment