Monday, December 10, 2012

Mean Ole Mamma

(My baby girl and I.)


I've been looking for different events happening in our area for us to go to. The older my kids get the more they like doing their own thing. Such as reading a book, drawing and things like that. We went to a local candlelight stroll in town. It was neat. The kids got to get free goodies and hot chocolate. I wanted us to take our first wagon ride as a family. You should have heard the humphs and complaints. "Do we have too?" "Yes, I want you to do this one time only for me please." I done it for them too but wasn't gonna tell them that. The whole ride everybody had smiles on their faces and laughing with eachother. As soon as we got off it was like "I'm staying home next time" I'm not gonna make them do it again if they dont want to. But, I know they wont forget it.

I tease them and say "I guess I'm a mean ole mamma who enjoys letting you experience new things" :)  


Isn't that the way we are sometimes with God? "Do I have to?" We later find out it wasn't so bad and that we even enjoy the experience. If we don't take the chance to do it right then we may never have the chance to again. Look at Luke 14:16-24.


Here are some ways to be a mean ole mamma :)

1. Check online and in your local newspaper for local events  lots may be free or by donations only.

2. visit a local park

3. visit an aquarium or zoo

4. go for a hike

5. go fishing


Let me know if you can think of anything else to add to the list.


May God Bless you on your journey.  
Amanda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment