Friday, November 15, 2013

Tha Angel On My Shelf



Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.


 Over the years I have seen and participated in many Christmas traditions. A product that has came out called elf on the shelf is the latest favorite. If your not familiar with him/her. The elf comes to the home to help santa keep an eye on kids. Most elves are pictured being caught drinking syrup from a straw, making sugar angels, and so forth. This can be fun and all. But, I got to thinking about what kind of message this little figure is sending to kids. Is it something that teaches about God or the true meaning of Christmas? Not really. I thought of angels. Angels are God's helpers. This year I am introducing to my kids our new angel. This angel will not only sit on our shelf between thanksgiving and Christmas but all year long. I want him/ her to remind us all that God is watching us. I also want it to remind us of when

"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger." (Luke 2:10-12)

 

Now the angel don't have to be boring he/she can still get into mischief just as the elf does. To find out what elves are doing all around the world check out pinterest. There are even some on my Christmas board. 

While doing some research on this angel I found the "Your Christmas Angel" site. I love the idea of the angel leaving hints on things kids can do to give instead of receive. 


Whatever you choose to do with your angel is up to you. But, remember God should always be the center focus.


May God Bless you on your journey.  
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment